When it comes to dressing in the summertime, suede shoes may not be everyone’s first choice because of their typically warmer and more seasonally appropriate presence. However, dressing suede shoes in summer can elevate your outfit to a whole new level. You just need to know how to style them correctly.
- Avoid darker-hued suede shoes as they tend to add more warmth and heaviness to your outfit. Instead, choose lighter colours such as taupe, beige or even pastel shades that match well with a summertime wardrobe.
- Pair them with lighter and breathable materials such as cotton or linen clothing for a comfortable look.
In addition, try wearing suede sandals rather than closed-toe options as these provide more air-flow for your feet. Also, keep the number of accessories minimal to let the suede shoes shine on their own.
I once attended an outdoor wedding where the groomsmen all wore light grey suits paired with soft beige suede loafers. The combination was simply spectacular and added both texture and sophistication to the classic summer wedding attire. So don’t shy away from incorporating suede shoes into your summer wardrobe – you may just end up surprised at how much they stand out!
Who says suede shoes can’t get along with dresses and skirts? They’re like the cool kids who can hang out with any clique.
Can you Wear Suede Shoes in Summer
Pairing Suede Footwear with Feminine Apparel
Suede footwear can complement any summer dress or skirt. Here are a few tips to help you make the best choice for your wardrobe:
- Pair neutral-colored suede heels with a bright sundress to provide visual contrast for a chic and elegant look.
- Select fashion-forward suede ankle boots with fringe detailing for bohemian-inspired outfits that will catch everyone’s attention this season.
- Choose delicate strappy sandals in suede fabric to pair with long, flowing maxi dresses for an effortless and graceful appearance.
- Pick classic suede mules or loafers paired with feminine midi skirts as these combinations are perfect for both work and leisure outings.
- Finally, opt for suede wedges when you want to give off a relaxed, beachy vibe while wearing short summer dresses.
When selecting an outfit, always keep in mind that suede is versatile during summer months but try to avoid exposing it to moisture or humidity as this could cause damage.
Suede footwear has been in fashion since ancient times. It was first made from deer hides by Native Americans who used it mainly for garments and accessories such as moccasins, jackets, and bags. Suede shoes were introduced into the Western fashion scene during the 20th century when people discovered its comfortable texture and versatility through Hollywood movies. Even today, designers use loads of techniques like weaving, embroidery, tie-dyeing and embellishments on Suede making it an ideal choice throughout the year.
Who says suede shoes and shorts don’t mix? Obviously someone who has never felt the luxurious softness of suede on their toes.
Wearing Suede Shoes with Shorts and Pants
Suede shoes are a versatile choice for summer outfits, whether paired with shorts or pants. The soft suede texture adds a unique touch and can elevate any look. When wearing suede shoes with shorts, opt for a shorter length that shows off the shoes. For pants, cuff them to showcase the footwear. It’s essential to match the shoe color to the outfit’s dominant color for a cohesive look.
To achieve a casual look, pair beige or tan suede shoes with denim shorts and a simple white t-shirt. For a dressier occasion, black loafers paired with cropped beige pants create a sophisticated yet comfortable look. Suede ankle boots complement high-waist jeans and can be dressed up or down depending on the accompanying outfit.
A key factor when wearing suede shoes in warm weather is protecting them from water damage and stains. Use suede protectant spray before wearing them out and avoid getting them wet in rainy weather.
Interestingly, suede originated from France as ‘gants de suede’ translating to ‘gloves of Sweden.’ The name comes from their use of goatskin imported from Sweden known for its soft texture ideal for glove-making. Eventually, this material was also used for making shoes and bags, becoming popular worldwide in fashion by the 20th century.
Suede shoes are like chameleons, they adapt to any color and fabric and make a statement in the summer heat.
Colors and Fabrics that Complement Suede Shoes
When it comes to matching suede shoes with clothes, one should consider the appropriate colors and fabrics that would complement the shoe material.
- Earth tones like beige, brown, and olive work well with suede shoes.
- Fabrics such as denim, linen and cotton provide a casual yet elegant look.
- Suede is versatile enough to match different styles such as bohemian or preppy.
It’s important to take note of the overall style you’re going for when choosing what to match your suede shoes with. Be mindful of clashing patterns or clothing that may overpower the shoes. Consider neutrals or complementary shades for a balanced look.
Pro Tip: To maintain the quality of your suede shoes, always brush them before wearing them and apply a protective spray regularly. Suede shoes may not be your typical summer footwear, but accessorizing them is like adding a sprinkle of sass to your outfit.
Accessorizing with Suede Shoes
Suede is a versatile fabric that can add elegance to any outfit. Pairing suede shoes in summer can be tricky, but it’s not impossible. Here are some ways to accessorize with suede shoes:
- Add a pop of color to your outfit with bright-colored suede shoes.
- Wear a sundress or maxi dress with tan or beige suede wedges for a bohemian look.
- Denim shorts and a simple top paired with ankle-length brown suede boots convey a casual yet stylish look.
- Suede loafers with tailored pants and a blazer make for an effortlessly chic work attire.
- Monochrome outfits go well with neutral-colored suede shoes.
When wearing suede in summer, ensure your outfit is lightweight and breathable. Opt for lighter shades of suede and avoid dark colors. Additionally, pair your suede shoes with accessories like belts and bags made from natural fabrics such as linen or cotton.
Pro tip: Protect your suede shoes from water damage by using a protective spray before wearing them out on rainy days.
Suede shoes are the perfect statement piece for any summer occasion, as long as that occasion doesn’t involve water, mud, or excessive sweating.
The Best Occasions for Suede Shoes in Summer
Suede shoes are a great addition to your summer wardrobe for a variety of occasions. They can elevate a casual outfit or add sophistication to a formal one. Weddings, garden parties, and outdoor events are perfect occasions for suede shoes.
Pairing suede loafers with linen pants creates an effortless summer look perfect for any outdoor event. Suede dress shoes complement a tailored suit and add texture to your outfit. Suede sneakers can be dressed up or down and provide comfort without sacrificing style.
When wearing suede shoes in the summer, it is essential to protect them from moisture and water damage. Use a suede protector spray before wearing them outside, and avoid wearing them on rainy days.
Suede shoes in bold colors like blue or green can add personality to any outfit. Neutral shades like beige and tan are timeless classics that can be paired with anything.